Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Curious case of the Headbangers!



Feb 15,Sunday Evening Setting s perfect, stage set for a certain band of British Gentlemen to perform.So in Walk I with this group of Friends of mine,of whom barring two the other two have allegedly been there , seen it all and duunit all before(mean the Headbanging part).After the nauseatingly painful wait is compounded even further by a string of bands whose primary idea of entertainment being Heavy noise For heavy metal and Skimpy Broads dancing in tandem to the noise strumming from their Guitars- clearly enuf to keep the crowd preoccupied for some time or so they thought, honestly makes me puke..So even as i begin to wonder What to expect next and the first seeds of doubt already sown, coz after all your financial stakes are high i mean 1.5k for a 2 hr concert? seriously is an unreasonably high figure esp in these times of recession.Reassurance does come in the form of PARIKRAMA who showcase their brand of refreshing fusion music ,coming as a whiff of fresh air.Then come the massive moment, which they dub as "the maiden mania"- a frantic period of wishful chanting for the chosen gods of the evening.The Gods dont play with your nerves for long and do appear fairly quick enough,and when they do the atmosphere turns electric,sparks fly its almost as if an explosion was waiting to happen.With the grand entry they presented with Aces high ,i realised how i was slowly yet surely now losing control of my unsuspecting head,when the crescendo picked up momentum with "The trooper" and "Wasted years" i was by now comfortably in the air joining in the high , and revelling in my new found wildness.My orgy reached its Highest ecstacy midway through the performance(2 mins to midnight,powerslave,hallowd be thy name) with Dickinson shouting "Scream for me Bangalore" and Eddie, donning a gun walked up the ramp,i promptly responded by swaying my head in all possible directions 360 deg,195 deg,60 deg u name it.I was perfectly feeling the high my neighbouring Polish broad had been experiencing firsthand although with the aid of artificial supplements.As we approached the end i couldn't help but amaze at the near perfection with which Maiden dished out all their Rollicking numbers so much so that you ll have a tough time distinguishing em from the Stereo version, the energy of their performance bowled u over mind u these were 5 Gentlemen easily past their fifties yet they were just bout crazy as me or any of my friends here!



Overall i came out pretty fucked up with a sore neck ,drained totally,one thing however i came to realise was there was no definitive science for Headbangin its what your head does that defines u,but for the purpose of junta who go by standard textbook model i would recommend the section 'M' in Maddox's "Alphabet of Manliness" which describes Headbanging in all its intricacies.

But You've to agree indeed,when they said-
"I'm coming back I will return
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take its course"

1 comment:

arvi said...

haha.... Dude ur 360 degree headbanging was very funny :-). will never forget that night. Eddie was a disappointment compared to the first time. Rime of the Ancient mariner was the top moment. stuck an indelible blow on me...